This super easy and nutritious squash recipe will be prefect on a fall evening! Shop at a local farmers market for your produce especially the squash. This will enhance the flavor even more! Feel free to add a meat if you'd like.
1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 onion, chopped
1 ½ cups chopped tomatoes
3 tbsp sliced black olives
¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Place spaghetti squash cut-sides down on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance, about 30 minutes. Remove squash from oven and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled.
3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are warmed through.
4. Use a large spoon to scoop the spaghetti from the squash. Place in a medium bowl.
5. Toss with cooked onion-tomato mixture, feta cheese, olives, and basil. Serve warm.