COVID-19 Safety Procedures
COVID-19 Safety Procedures
To start, we hope this message finds you and your families safe and healthy. I know the past few months have taken a lot of adjustment and left us all shaken. Let me first say that I am so proud of you for staying strong and supporting each other through this difficult time. The little things we take for granted were suddenly impossible to access (toilet paper!) and our routines were suddenly shattered. I hope you took this time to soak in family and strengthen relationships. We have learned a lot from this experience. We learned how complicated life can get when we are forced to simplify. We learned just how little we need to survive, and how much we underestimate our community and our social connections. I can wholeheartedly say that we have missed each and every one of you. As we reopen our gym, it is important to share the updated daily precautions and preventative actions we are taking to keep our members and our community safe. Exercise is incredibly important for the physical, mental, and emotional health of our community. We want you to know that we’re taking precautions to ensure your safety and have a careful, phased approach based on the guidelines outlined by local health authorities and the CDC which are stated below. Our goal is to be the gold standard in our industry in regards to the health, safety, and cleanliness of our facility. If at any time you have questions related to our safety measures, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at email@example.com or 717-344-1576. We understand this is a difficult time but we know we will get through this by all working together.
Member safety is our number one priority. As we prepare to welcome you back, we have taken additional health and safety measures to ensure your safety and our commitment to member health and fitness.
- Require that members wash or sanitize their hands upon entering and leaving the gym;
- Mitigate exposure by implementing social distancing guidelines;
- Conduct regular (i.e., every session) disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and equipment using disinfectant cleaning supplies according to CDC guidelines;
- Wear face mask and gloves during workouts;
- Adjust equipment layout and maintain at least six feet of distance;
- Limit each session to only 4 people max;
- Recommend that persons more vulnerable or at-risk for COVID-19 as identified by the CDC—including those who are over the age of 65 or those who have chronic medical conditions—take extra precaution or refrain from use of the facility during re-opening.
- Provide training on personal protective equipment based on CDC guidelines;
- Practice recommended social distancing to the greatest extent possible.